Chronic Back Pain Relief
Chronic Back Pain Relief
Summary: Chronic back pain relief is very achievable as long as you have no serious physical injury or occurring illness
Back pain is blamed, generally for poor muscle tone especially on the affected area. Overall, 90% of chronic back pain sufferers are individuals (professionals, housewives, students…) that seldom see an exercise regimen. And the other 10% have the condition due to injury such as ripped muscles.
If you have back pain, you are not alone. Back pain the one of the most common neurological complaint that physicians diagnose in the United States, next to headache. So it’s no cause to fret if you have one. And no, most back pain is not always associated with age (though age DOES have an effect on back pain), instead it is the lack of physical activity and deficiency in liquid intake.
Defining the pain is important in order to control it. And for purposes of our definition, we categorize back pain into three categories. We have the Acute Back Pain, Chronic Back Pain, and the Neuropathic Back Pain. Acute back pain is a common type of pain that is directly related to a damage tissue. It is experienced immediately, characterized by sharp, biting pain of a damaged tissue. It is generally accepted that acute back pain lasts less than 3 months if left untreated. If the pain persists longer after it has been healed or treated then it falls now under the classification of chronic back pain. Chronic back pain falls into two sub categories: pain with an identifiable pain generator and pain without an identifiable pain generator. The former obviously has a cause, such as: degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and other spinal structure problems due to injury. The latter is more a disease rather than a symptom of an injury. And for purposes
As long as you have no serious physical injury or occurring illness, chronic back pain relief is very achievable. It’s all in the problem approach. First thing is identifying the problem. Was it just stress or a serious defunct? Don’t be hasty in dismissing it as stress. Look for other telltale signs. Are you having fever? Are other parts of your body hurting? If so, then look for other signs. Common culprits are appendicitis, hepatitis and gastrointestinal complications. Next is identifying the pain type. Is it muscular or structural? Structural poses a difficult situation, you may have herniated discs. If muscular, ripped muscle is common but usually harmless cause.
Doing Tai Chi is one effective chronic back pain relief. It promotes good posture and the meditation improves your ability to withstand the pain. If done regularly, these exercises would equate doing a good aerobic exercise with also eases bad backs. Bending exercises also helps in chronic back pain relief though somewhat lesser in efficiency.Alternately, you could purchase a back pain machine. The TENS machine is surprisingly an effective chronic back pain relief and it is handy, portable, and quite cheap.
In a word, I would suggest using a TENS machine for immediate chronic back pain relief and Tai Chi for the long lasting prevention for back pain.